This employment contract covers:
- new employee
- full time / part time
- award free employee
When an employee is not covered by an award or agreement they are considered to be award and agreement free. Award and agreement free employees may have an employment contract. They are also entitled to at least the: national minimum wage and the National Employment Standards (NES).
To check if an employee is award free
To be covered by an award, an employee must:
- work in an industry or business covered by the award
- work in a job classification that is covered by the award
- not be in a job or industry that is excluded from the award.
If there is no award that covers the employee’s job the employee is award free.
This employment contact includes options for:
- Full time / part time
- Base salary
The following aspects of this contract may be tailored to your requirements. Simply replace the sections in <red> with details specific to your employee and situation. Optional information in blue may be deleted if not required.
- Requirement for Health and Police Checks
- Probationary period
- Duties and responsibilities
- Location of work
- Other benefits
- Hours of work
- Leave entitlements
- Adherence to policies and procedures
- Conflict of interest
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Health and Safety
This employment contract, otherwise known as employment agreement is compliant with the Fair Work Act 2009 – Australia. If you require assistance in determining if this employment contract template is relevant to your circumstances, please contact us.