Use this Termination – Serious Misconduct letter when needing to terminate an employee’s employment for serious misconduct. Issues of serious misconduct include:
- wilful or deliberate behaviour by an employee that is inconsistent with the continuation of the contract of employment;
- conduct that causes serious and imminent risk to the health and safety of a person or reputation, viability or profitability of the employer’s business.
- theft, fraud or assault in the course of the employee’s employment
- employee being intoxicated at work
- employee refusing to carry out a lawful and reasonable instruction consistent with their contract of employment
This letter comes with a step by step document outlining how to conduct the termination.
Remember – summary dismissal for serious misconduct has immediate effect. It is a severe step to terminate an employee’s employment without providing notice of termination (or payment in lieu of notice) so it is recommended you seek advice before taking action. Contact Us and we can walk you through the necessary steps.
File size (200KB)