A Performance Review, also known as a Performance Appraisal, helps your employee understand what is expected of them. This process should be conducted yearly.
A clear review process provides all employees with a clear direction as to what their individual role entails and what needs to be achieved. There should be a clear link between an employee’s job role and business goals.
This Performance Review template covers the following stages of the cycle over the year:
- Planning and setting employee performance goals (including SMART goals), behaviours, as well as a learning and development plan
- Monitoring and assessing progress throughout the year
- Assessing performance at the end of the year
This plan also provides tips on the following:
- How to prepare for the review meeting
- What to discuss during the meeting
- What to consider as next steps
A Performance Review template captures the employee’s goals, actions, development and feedback. This needs to completed with the employee and signed by both parties. This then provides a benchmark for future appraisals.
This entire document is all that you will need to conduct a thorough employee Performance Review.
The next step following a performance appraisal is a salary review. Refer to our Salary Review Policy should you require information on a salary review process.
Need more information? Please contact us and we will happily walk you through the process.